Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's a whole new school year

Dear Parents,

My name is Jean King and I am the art teacher at De Zavala Elementary. I want to welcome you all to the 2012-13 school year in the art room. If your student is returning to De Zavala, I want to welcome you back. If your student is new to De Zavala, I'm delighted to make you and your student's acquaintance.

We're beginning a new school year with exciting news!

The ceramics kiln, the oven used to cook clay, has been installed and is connected. There is one final step, a test firing, to make sure that the kiln is operating properly. We'll be working in clay very soon!

I spent a month this summer in Barcelona, Spain studying the works of Antoni Gaudí, Pablo Picasso, Joan Miró, and Salvador Dalí. I've brought back many new ideas for the art room. I think you will enjoy what you see.

I'll be keeping you up to date in multiple ways. You can follow along on our class blog at www.newsfromtheartroom.blogspot.com. In addition, if you are on Twitter, you can follow our tweets by following @DZArtRoom.

If you would like to meet with me, please call the school and leave me a message at 713-724-1888. I'm available to meet with you during my planning time which is from 7:45 to 8:30 AM.

Remember you can stop by the art room in addition to your student's home room whenever we have a Parent Involvement time at school.

Watch for more news from the art room soon!

Artistically yours,

Jean King

No comments: